I recently discovered grilled veggies! While shopping at my local grocery store, I noticed some delicious looking grilled veggies on the hot bar and decided to try them out. They made a great low carb side dish! I served mine with jerk seasoned chicken thighs and had leftovers the next day at lunch. Determined to recreate this dish, I tried grilling my own veggies and really like the results.
Keep in mind you must slice dense vegetables (like carrots, squash and potatoes) thin in order for them to cook completely on the grill. You may want to pre cook these veggies if you prefer thicker slices. These veggies go well with so many entrees and they are a great way to add variety to a low carb diet.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper cut into large pieces
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4-5 small portabella mushrooms
- 1 small head broccoli cut into smaller pieces
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow squash sliced crosswise, into ½" rounds
- 1 small sweet potato sliced crosswise, into ½" rounds
- Salt & pepper as desired
- Lightly oil a grill grate (may be found in the grill section of your local store)
- Combine all ingredients except salt and pepper and toss to coat veggies with oil.
- Preheat grill to medium high (350-400 degrees)
- Spread veggies out over grill grate and salt and pepper as desired.
- Place grate onto rack in grill. Cook and turn veggies until desired level of tenderness.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply