BBQ chicken salad is the perfect way to get delicious bbq flavor without extra carbs from the typical side dishes. This version includes lots of filling veggies along with a tasty dressing.
After finishing up my last recipe, baked egg rolls, I was left with almost a half package of egg roll wrappers. Instead of making more egg rolls, I decided to try to find other ways to use them. I cut some into strips and baked to create a deliciously crunchy salad topping! Each wrapper is about 11 grams carbohydrate and adds a great texture. I'm sure they would work well on other foods such as soups, casseroles, etc. Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken & Veggie Crunch Salad
- 2 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Chicken Breast , chopped coarsely
- Rotisserie Seasoning
- ¼ cup Chopped Onions
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce , divided
- ½ cup Black Beans
- Broccoli Slaw
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cheddar Cheese , shredded
- 4 ounces Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut egg roll wrappers into thin strips with pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until light brown and crispy- watch closely!
- Set crispy strips aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with rotisserie seasoning as desired.
- Add chicken, onions and 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce to skillet.
- Saute until chicken is browned and fully cooked. Add black beans and heat thoroughly.
- Remove chicken mixture from skillet and set aside to cool.
- To build each salad, layer chopped romaine on a large plate or bowl. Top with broccoli slaw, chicken, cheese and crispy strips. Repeat to make 2nd salad.
- Mix Greek yogurt and remaining 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce for dressing.
- Makes 2 salads.