This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
BBQ chicken salad is the perfect way to get delicious bbq flavor without extra carbs from the typical side dishes. This version includes lots of filling veggies along with a tasty dressing.
After finishing up my last recipe, baked egg rolls, I was left with almost a half package of egg roll wrappers. Instead of making more egg rolls, I decided to try to find other ways to use them. I cut some into strips and baked to create a deliciously crunchy salad topping! Each wrapper is about 11 grams carbohydrate and adds a great texture. I’m sure they would work well on other foods such as soups, casseroles, etc. Enjoy!
BBQ Chicken & Veggie Crunch Salad
- 2 Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Chicken Breast , chopped coarsely
- Rotisserie Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onions
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce , divided
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- Broccoli Slaw
- Romaine Lettuce
- Cheddar Cheese , shredded
- 4 ounces Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut egg roll wrappers into thin strips with pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until light brown and crispy- watch closely!
- Set crispy strips aside to cool.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with rotisserie seasoning as desired.
- Add chicken, onions and 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce to skillet.
- Saute until chicken is browned and fully cooked. Add black beans and heat thoroughly.
- Remove chicken mixture from skillet and set aside to cool.
- To build each salad, layer chopped romaine on a large plate or bowl. Top with broccoli slaw, chicken, cheese and crispy strips. Repeat to make 2nd salad.
- Mix Greek yogurt and remaining 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce for dressing.
- Makes 2 salads.