This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Dry rub bbq chicken is so easy because it bakes in the oven. You can even roast a veggie and/or bake a potato in the oven while it cooks to make meal prep even easier!
Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Bake
- 3 lb chicken cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 13" baking pan with foil.
- Place chicken pieces in pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make dry rub and stir well.
- Sprinkle dry rub on chicken pieces, coating both sides.
- Roast chicken uncovered 40-50 minutes until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when placed in thickest part of chicken thigh (avoiding bone).