This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
This salad is a variation I developed based on my orzo Greek salad. I also added cannellini beans to up the protein level. This recipe would make a great Meatless Monday recipe or quick salad to take for lunch. I like to prepare this salad the night before so the flavors have time to combine. Enjoy!
Greek Salad with Quinoa and Cannellini Beans
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 large tomato , diced (approx. 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons parsley , chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar , or your favorite vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil , divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cucumber , peeled, cored and diced (approx. 1 cup)
- ½ cup black olives , sliced
- 2 green onions , diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 to 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce , optional
- ½ cup feta cheese , crumbled, optional
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside until cool.
- Meanwhile, toss cannellini beans, tomato and parsley with vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil and ground pepper. Set aside 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to develop; stir occasionally.
- Add quinoa, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, cucumber, olives, green onion, lemon juice and oregano to bean mixture. Toss lightly.
- To serve, garnish with feta and pepperoncini, as desired. May be served over romaine lettuce if desired.