Here’s some yummy breakfast cookies featuring 5 grain breakfast cereal! If you have some “no breakfast eaters” in your house then give this a try! This cookie would be a great after-school snack or lunchbox treat. It has just enough sweetness and features plenty of tasty add -ins like chocolate chips and coconut.
5 Grain & Chocolate Breakfast Cookie
- 1 cup unbleached white wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces vanilla soy milk
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 1/2 cups 5 grain cereal
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt .
- Beat butter, brown sugar, vanilla and soy milk in a separate mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add beaten egg to butter mixture and mix well.
- Next add flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Mix in cereal, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool then store in airtight container.