Don't you just love baked goods with streusel topping? I know I do!! Not only is this blueberry bread super-moist, it has just enough cinnamon and nutmeg to give it a "gotta-have-more" flavor!
It is the best blueberry bread with coffee or tea and would make a delicious toasted bread at breakfast. I'm thinking this could also make a great gift for anyone you want to bake up a goodie for including new moms, neighbors, etc. Hope you enjoy!
Sour Cream Blueberry Banana Bread with Streusel Topping
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick butter at room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup mashed banana about 2 small bananas
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecan or walnuts
- Streusel Topping:
- ½ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ stick butter cut into cubes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir with a wire whisk to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each egg is added.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
- Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and gently mix with spoon to combine.
- Gently fold in blueberries, banana and walnuts to batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel over batter and place in oven. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in batter comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. (If toothpick has batter on it, return bread to oven and bake another 5 minutes then re-test.)
- Place on rack to cool and store in refrigerator.