A fajita recipe made low carb! Fajitas are one of the best choices you can make when eating out at a Mexican restaurant. The meat (chicken or beef) is lean and the veggies -peppers and onions- are considered low carb choices.
Here, I have removed the tortillas completely and opted for a bowl of meat and veggies. You may add tortillas in to meet your carb needs for the meal. Generally, each small tortilla is equal to around 15gm carbs. There are also lower carb wraps and tortillas you may use if you prefer.
If you are looking for more meat and veggie bowls, check out my Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Bowl.
Low Carb Mexican Fajita Bowl
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 small bell peppers,chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz canned diced pimentos
- 1 lb minute steak, sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoon fajita seasoning, lower sodium
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet then add peppers, onions, garlic and pimentos. When crisp-tender, remove veggies and set aside.
- Add remaining teaspoon olive oil and heat. Sprinkle steak with fajita seasoning as desired then brown.
- Divide veggies and steak between 4 bowls. Serve with cheese, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Leave a Reply