If you love the idea of shrimp and pasta together but would rather not have to deal with all the carbs, here's a zucchini shrimp scampi recipe just for you! Low carb garlic butter shrimp bowl is the perfect meal for family and friends.
The shrimp are cooked in a garlic butter sauce so they are the perfect topping for spiralized veggies. Here I have used squash and mushrooms, but this recipe would work equally well with zucchini or any other veggie you prefer. I love the yellow color of the squash noodles- it really makes for an eye-catching dish!
Much like stir fry recipes, try to have all your ingredients ready before you start cooking. The cook time for the recipe is very short, so you will have this meal completed in no time. If you are cooking for non low-carb eaters, just cook up some noodles or other pasta for them. I love meals that are flexible and the whole family will enjoy!
Low Carb Garlic Butter Shrimp Bowl
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium squash or zucchini , spiraled or grated into noodles
- 5 medium-sized portabella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb raw shrimp (local harvest if available)
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium size pan then add squash noodles and mushrooms. Cook 2-3 minutes until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Remove from pan.
- Place pan back over medium heat and melt butter. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook and stir as needed until shrimp is fully cooked (avoid overcooking) Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add squash and mushrooms back to pan and stir to heat. Sprinkle with parmesan and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.