Here’s a different way to enjoy cauliflower- as a yummy ham and cheddar muffin! These muffins are super quick to assemble and make a great grab-and-go snack or breakfast. Enjoy these topped with a jalapeño slice for an extra flavor kick.Be sure to use a paper muffin cup liner to help with clean-up.
Cauliflower Breakfast Muffin
- 2 1/2 cup finely diced cauliflower in food processor
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup diced lean ham
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- 2/3 cup diced mushrooms optional
- 12 Jalapeno slices optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place muffin liners in a 12 muffin tin and coat liners with non-stick spray.
In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except jalapenoes.
Divide mixture evenly beween muffin liners and place jalapeno slice on top of each muffin (if desired).
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
118 calories, 8gm fat, 2gm carb, 1gm sugar, 1gm fiber, 9gm protein