Here’s a delicious snack or dessert that uses everyday ingredients and is a great way to get more fiber in your diet. Apples are loaded with health promoting compounds including plenty of soluble fiber. These glazed apple cups would make a great breakfast idea too. Enjoy!
Looking for more dessert ideas? Check out these recipes too!
Honey Glazed Apples in Cinnamon Tortilla Cups
- 16 ounces apples , diced (canned packed in juice)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium to large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add diced apples and drizzle honey over.
- Cook apples over medium heat 20 minutes then add apple juice to pan.
- Continue to cook 10-15 minutes until apple juice evaporates and apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a 12 muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Cut 3-4" rounds from tortillas and fit into muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with cinnamon and bake 10-15 minutes until slightly brown and crispy.
- Fill cups with diced apples and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar as desired.