Guess what? More healthy sweet potato goodies! Here’s my latest creation: A not-too-sweet cheesecake enrobed in a sweet potato nest. (I wanted to name it that, but it seemed way too wordy) These vitamin A rich treats are just the right size for a healthy sweet potato dessert or afternoon snack. Hope you enjoy!
Sweet Potato Cheesecake Nibbles
- 20 oz. pkg. frozen sweet potato tots thawed
- non-stick spray
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 oz. neufchatel cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12 muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Crumble and spread 5-6 tots into each muffin cup to form crust.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes to set the crust. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except cinnamon (ricotta cheese to egg) and stir well with a fork.
- Pour batter into cups without overfilling. (Depending on how thick your sweet potato crust is, there may be extra batter. If so, you may use this to make additional servings.)
- Sprinkle cinnamon over each muffin cup then bake for 15 minutes.
- Makes approx. 12-15 muffins