This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
I'm back with more easy lettuce wraps!! Who doesn't like fajitas?? This meal is perfect for a busy weeknight and for anyone following a low carb or diabetes-friendly diet. Here we have pork tenderloin grilled or roasted for a slightly different spin. One of the reasons I love to make this with pork tenderloin (besides the awesome taste) is because it can be reheated with the same great flavor. Try cooking several tenderloins at once so you can use them throughout the week for a quick and tasty low carb meal. Let's get to the easy lettuce wraps recipe!!
This meal can be either grilled or roasted depending upon your preference. Either way is delicious! Here I have the veggies spread onto a grill rack with the tenderloin beside it.
A close up of the veggies starting to brown. Be sure to check them often and remove when tender but still slightly crisp or to your preference.
The pork tenderloin sliced along with the veggies ready to be served. If possible, allow the tenderloins to rest after grilling about 5-10 minutes for best flavor and juiciness.
This meal is perfect for a dinner party or for a crowd. Guests will enjoy making their own low carb lettuce wraps and filling them with various toppings. Tortillas can be provided for those who desire them-so everyone's happy!
Low Carb Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- 1 # pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil , divided
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 bell pepper , red or green, sliced
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- 7-8 small portabella mushrooms , halved
- For serving:
- bibb lettuce leaves , lower carb Southwest chipotle dressing, sliced tomatoes, grated cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Place tenderloin, 1 Tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, BBQ sauce, vinegar and garlic in a resealable plastic bag. Mix well to distribute marinade over tenderloin. Place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Place bell pepper, onion and mushrooms in a large bowl with remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Mix well and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
- Grill or roast tenderloin until fully cooked. Grill or roast veggies until crisp tender.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and allow guests to add extra toppings as desired.