High Protein Oat and Flax Muffins
- 1½ cups unbleached white wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1¼ cup oats, divided
- ¾ cup coconut, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 12 muffin pan with liners and coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 1st six ingredients (flour through cinnamon). Stir well with a whisk to mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Stir mashed banana and yogurt into butter mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture to banana mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup oats and ½ cup coconut.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin liners evenly.
- Mix remaining oats and coconut and sprinkle evenly over muffin batter.
- Cook 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with honey if desired.