This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Banana Oat Blondies
Is it possible to have a healthy breakfast bar that's also slightly decadent? YES!! My requirements for this banana oat blondie recipe: easy (of course), healthy, oats, SUPER MOIST, bananas (I have a whole bunch of bananas teetering on the edge...) The result was this amazingly delicious breakfast bar you will look forward to eating. If you like banana bread, you will love this recipe!!
How To Make Banana Oat Blondies:
Start with ripe bananas-mash these and add butter, coconut, honey and other yummy ingredients.
Measure out the dry ingredients and mix.
As you begin your prep for this recipe, here's a quick clean-up tip: Take a square of parchment paper and fit it into your 8" or 9" pan. You can lift the bars out of the pan after they are done and easily place them on a cooling rack.
Banana Breakfast Bars
- 2 medium ripe or over ripe bananas
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup unbleached whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8" or 9" square baking pan with nonstick spray or fit pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Stir in butter, honey, egg, vanilla, coconut and peanut butter.
- In a separate medium- size mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, flaxseed, salt, baking soda. (Stir with a whisk to make sure all dry ingredients are well combined.)
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Stir to combine.
- Stir in chips if desired.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake 20-30 minutes or until middle is set.
- Place on rack and allow to cool then slice into small squares.
- Garnish with oatmeal flakes over top if desired.