This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Well, after all my sweet potato experiments I was left with a freezer of half-full sweet tot bags... which means, you guessed it, MORE sweet potato recipes!!
This is an all-in-one skillet sweet potato recipe that, hopefully, can be done on a weekday morning. You add all your ingredients to a foil-lined skillet then place in the oven to bake while you get ready for the day. I really love having these types of breakfast recipes that look super complicated, but take minimal effort in the AM.
To begin, I lined my skillet (any-size skillet is fine) with foil. If you have ever baked sweet tots and/or eggs, you know what a massive headache the clean-up can be... The pic below shows my foil-lined skillet- I also brushed the foil with oil.
The pic below shows the sweet tots in a single layer in skillet and topped with the other ingredients-ready for the oven. You can see that the size of the skillet will not matter, just adjust your ingredients to fit.
Feel free to adjust the veggies and meat to whatever you prefer- you could try mushrooms, pimentoes, chopped spinach, sausage, bacon, etc.
Skillet Sweet Potatoes
- 1-2 cups frozen sweet potato tots amount depends on your skillet size
- ⅓ cup frozen diced onions a real time-saver
- ¼ cup diced bell peppers use frozen if available
- ⅓-½ cup diced ham or bacon
- 2-3 eggs amount depends on your skillet size
- 1-2 Tablespoons whole milk or cream
- ⅓-½ cup grated cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a skillet with foil, then coat the foil with oil to make serving easier.
- Place a single layer of frozen tots in skillet.
- Layer onions, peppers and ham over tots.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and cream with a fork to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over other ingredients in skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese over all (if using.)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tots are crispy and completely cooked.