This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
And then sweet potato obsession set in... Yes, I'm back with more s.p. goodness! This take on healthy baked sweet potato shoestring fries is pretty amazing if you like that sort of thing.... and WHO DOESN'T?? Sweet potatoes transformed into crunchy little matchsticks are totally addictive I found out! My advice is to make a double recipe of this so you can spread the love with your family and friends instead of noshing them down by yourself (I know this from experience I'm afraid). So let's get to that healthy baked sweet potato fries recipe!
How to Make Healthy Sweet Potato Fries:
The picture above is the sweet potatoes in their matchstick form with oil and seasonings added. I made mine using my food processor and it went quite well. This was my first time to use the shredder blade, so I had to look up my owner's manual and dig out the food processor parts I needed. I'm pretty sure this could also be done on a cheese grater, but it would take some muscle-power!!
This picture (above) shows the matchsticks spread out on the baking sheet. Be sure to spread a layer of oil over the foil to help prevent sticking. This will also help the fries become crispy!!♥
The finished matchsticks ready for serving. Be sure to check out my other sweet potato recipes:
Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and processed into matchsticks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil + extra for baking sheet
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet (or 2 small baking sheets) with foil and spread a thin layer of olive oil over foil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir well.
- Spread sweet potato sticks out onto baking sheets to form a single layer.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and bake another 10-15 minutes or until crispy. Watch carefully to prevent over browning.