Sugar free diabetes friendly coconut pie is a recipe you can enjoy at holiday time or anytime you want a tasty coconut pie! I used sucralose, low carb baking mix and almond milk to help lower the carbs. Here are the step by step instructions:
How to make sugar free diabetes friendly coconut pie:
- Begin with gathering the ingredients.
- Measure out the dry ingredients including low carb baking mix, coconut and sucralose.
- Beat eggs and remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix egg mixture with dry ingredients and pour into pie plate.
- Bake until set in the middle and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool, then garnish with coconut if desired.
Looking for more coconut recipes?
Diabetes Friendly Coconut Pie
- ½ cup low carb baking mix
- 1 cup coconut unsweetened
- ¾ cup sucralose
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- In another medium size mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork or whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir or whisk to combine. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Cook 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack 5 minutes before cutting.