This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Sugar free diabetes friendly coconut pie is a recipe you can enjoy at holiday time or anytime you want a tasty coconut pie! This pie is slightly sweet with a hint of coconut.
This pie has a hint of sweetness so feel free to increase the sweetener if you prefer. Coconut and vanilla extract add to the flavor along with low carb baking mix.
How to make sugar free diabetes friendly coconut pie:
- Begin with gathering the ingredients.
- Measure out the dry ingredients including low carb baking mix, coconut and sucralose.
- Beat eggs and remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix egg mixture with dry ingredients and pour into pie plate.
- Bake until set in the middle and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool, then garnish with coconut if desired.
Looking for more coconut recipes?
Diabetes Friendly Coconut Pie
- ½ cup low carb baking mix
- 1 cup coconut unsweetened
- ½ cup swerve sweetener may add extra ¼ cup if desired
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs extra large
- 1 ½ cups almond milk unsweetened
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 tablespoon coconut unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Set aside.
- In another medium size mixing bowl, beat eggs with a fork or whisk until combined. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir or whisk to combine. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Cook 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack 5 minutes before cutting.
- Optional: Toast 3 tablespoon coconut and sprinkle over cooked pie