Here's an easy side dish you can serve when you have extra squash! Roasted yellow squash is a great time saver recipe- you can place it in the oven to roast while you prepare the rest of your meal. Roasting the squash really brings out the flavor of the squash. Experiment with your favorite herbs such as thyme, oregano, etc.
Herb Roasted Squash
- 4 medium size summer squash cut into ⅛" slices
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 400-425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Combine all ingredients and spread out onto baking sheet.
- Roast 30-45 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.