I finally got around to trying spaghetti squash. Wow, it is really a fun veggie! I looked at several recipes on how to roast it including the label recipe on the one I bought. After much research, I roasted the spaghetti squash whole (mainly because I couldn’t cut through it!!). It turned out great- the squash was so tender and delicious! This is a great veggie to help you stay full when dieting. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Caprese
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2-1 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup approx halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 basil leaves chopped coarsely
- salt and pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Place squash on a foil lined pan and pierce on all sides with a fork.
- Place in oven for approx. 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove squash from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Slice squash crosswise into 4-5 rings.
- Scrape seeds out with a fork then scrape spaghetti strands from squash and place into a medium size shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese then arrange tomatoes and basil in center.