This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Craving a casserole? This low carb unstuffed cabbage roll dinner is exactly what you need when you are looking for a tasty and filling meal. This recipe makes plenty and the leftovers are perfect for packing your lunch the next day. Feel free to serve this meal over rice for those who want a few extra carbs.
How to Make Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls:
Step 1. Begin by sautéing onions or leeks until tender. You may also use green onions if you prefer. Cook your onions 2-3 minutes.
Step 2. Add the ground beef and cook until browned- breaking into small pieces.
Step 3. The tomatoes and seasonings are added next. Stir well and simmer.
Step 4. Chopped cabbage goes in next, then simmer until cabbage is tender.
Step 5. The final step shows the finished unstuffed cabbage rolls. If you follow a low carb diet plan, serve as is. If you include some carbs in your diet, serve steamed rice with this recipe.
Skillet Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with herbs drained
- 8 oz low carb marinara
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- In a large skillet, heat oil then add onions and saute 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and ground beef.
- Brown ground beef, drain fat, then add tomatoes, marinara and seasonings.
- Add cabbage and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes or until cabbage softens. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve as is for low carb meal or add a side of rice for a family friendly meal.