Quick Beef Lo Mein- Need a quick and healthy weeknight meal? This beef lo mein comes together super fast and is a great way to use up leftovers. Try leftover pasta, steak, roast beef or chicken in this recipe with delicious results. Frozen Chinese veggies are also a great option when you are low on fresh vegetables. Enjoy!
- 32 oz. lower sodium chicken broth
- 4-6 oz. thin spaghetti
- 1 # round steak chopped into 2" pieces
- 3 teaspoons oil divided
- 1/3 cup frozen diced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium size red pepper chopped
- 1/2 medium sized green pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Bring chicken broth to a boil and add thin spaghetti. Cook until tender and drain spaghetti (save broth.) Set pasta aside.
Place beef chunks in a small bowl and add marinade ingredients-stir to coat beef.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet or a wok on medium high heat.
Add onions, garlic, ginger and beef to skillet and stir fry until fully cooked- about 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove beef mixture and set aside.
Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet then add cooked pasta and stir fry 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and add mushrooms, peppers and pea pods. Stir fry until crisp tender- about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add beef and pasta back to veggies in skillet and stir to combine.
Continue stirring over medium heat until heated throughout.
Add additional soy sauce as desired.