How to make a delicious Cornbread Salad:
This delicious and different salad features all your favorite Southern veggies! Layers of black eyed peas, corn, tomatoes and green peppers combine with bacon and cheese for a taste explosion. Add a topping of creamy ranch dressing for the perfect side dish.
This all-in-one salad makes a great dish to bring to office parties, potlucks and family get-togethers. It is an ideal side dish since it contains a variety of veggies. Pick up a bag of tortilla chips and serve it as a dip. The recipe as listed makes either one large salad or 2 small to medium size salads, making it perfect for large groups. Enjoy!
- 1 7.5 oz. box Cornbread Mix
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1 oz. pkg ranch dressing mix (or homemade ranch dressing mix)
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 16 oz. light sour cream
- 1 15.8 oz. blackeye peas
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices lower sodium bacon diced
- Prepare cornbread per label directions. Set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, green pepper and onions. Set aside.
- Combine ranch dressing mix with sour cream and mayonnaise, stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl (or 2 small to medium bowls), layer half of ingredients in this order: cornbread, tomato mixture, peas, corn, cheese, bacon, dressing. Repeat layers.
- Garnish with grated cheese if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.