Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak Bowl uses already-in-your-pantry ingredients to make a quick and easy favorite even better. If your family wants traditional cheese steak, just warm up a few hoagie rolls and everyone’s happy!
So you’re probably wondering when I’m going to stop with the philly cheese steak low carb recipe variations- never! (obviously) First there was Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Cups, next there was Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms and now there’s Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Bowl! (Follow up alert: I’ve since posted a chicken based version of this recipe : Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Bowl !!)
So no, I will never give up on my pursuit of the ultimate low carb philly cheese steak experience. Thanks to modern technology, I can share my obsession with the millions (lol) who read my blog!
In this version, we have grilled peppers, mushrooms and onions as a base- you can also roast these in the oven rather than grilling them if you prefer, but they are
delicious AMAZING grilled. Just sayin’.
So let’s get started: Procure your ingredients (speaking of ingredients, we are using ground beef, how easy is that?) and meet me below in the recipe box (aka philly cheesesteak lounge).
- 1 pound lean ground beef, grass fed if available
- ½ cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1-2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium onions
- 3 green bell peppers
- 5-6 mushrooms, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- salt and pepper as desired
- Brown the ground beef in a nonstick skillet.
- Drain excess fat from skillet and add broth and worcestershire sauce to beef. Continue to cook on medium until liquid is absorbed. Salt and pepper beef as desired.
- Turn heat off and arrange cheese slices over ground beef - cover pan and allow cheese to melt.
- Cut peppers and onions into large pieces and place in a medium bowl. Add mushrooms and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.
- Grill veggies over medium heat until crisp tender, turning as needed. (Or roast in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until crisp tender)
- Divide veggie mixture between 4 bowls. Top with beef divided equally among bowls.