This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Breakfast casserole can be a landmine of calories with all the cheese, sausage,etc., but it’s definitely a family favorite! I wanted to try to make this low calorie breakfast recipe that could fit into a healthy diet scheme without sacrificing the taste. Enter breakfast casserole in muffin form! I traded out the sausage for lean ham and kept most of the other ingredients intact. The key here is mainly good ole portion control- only 100 calories in each muffin! Kids will love these too, so one batch will feed everyone. I make mine on the weekend and freeze them. Just pop them in the toaster oven or the microwave then hit the road… Enjoy!
100 Calorie Breakfast Casserole Muffins
- 1- 8 oz. roll crescent dough sheet
- 2/3 cup lean diced ham
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tbsp cream
- Salt and pepper as desired
- 2/3 cup grated cheese, lower fat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Unroll crescent dough sheet and place on wax paper.
- Roll dough with rolling pin to flatten and thin dough slightly.
- Using a cup with a 3 1/2" rim or cookie cutter, cut dough into 12 rounds.
- Place dough rounds into muffin tin and spread each piece to fill.
- Sprinkle diced ham on each crescent round, dividing evenly amoung the muffin cups.
- Combine eggs,cream and salt & pepper in a measuring cup(for easier pouring) and beat slightly to combine.
- Pour a small amount of eggs in each muffin cup, dividing evenly among the cups.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of egg mixture, dividing evenly among cups.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until dough is browned and egg mixture is set.
- Makes 12 muffins.