This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
LOW CARB HAM & EGG CUPS
Low carb ham and egg cups are the ultimate easy on-the-go breakfast. Let everyone choose their favorite add-ins so breakfast is a snap! Prep these the night before, then slide in the oven while you are getting ready for your day. A fast, delicious, low carb breakfast is definitely a thing.
You can make as many cups as you need and you can tweak the ingredients to your taste. I made 4 of these cups using colby/mozzarella cheese and I topped a few with cherry tomatoes and asparagus. They were delicious! On my next batch, I added a spoonful of Ro*tel® tomatoes and bell peppers. Some other possibilities: sriracha sauce, pesto, bacon bits, chives, etc. Be sure to check these after about 12-15 minutes of cooking for soft and delicious scrambled eggs. If you are carb counting and/or following a diet for diabetes, each cup contains about 1gm carb. Enjoy!
How to Make Ham and Egg Cups
Begin by spreading oil or nonstick spray into your muffin tins. You may also use muffin liners. This will make cleanup much easier. Next line the cup with a slice of ham. Here I have used lower sodium ham.
Add cheese to ham-lined cups. I used about 1 Tablespoon cheese in each cup.
Add eggs to each cup. I used a measuring cup to make pouring easier.
Add you favorite toppings. Here I added Ro*tel® and some diced green peppers.
Bake the muffin cups and enjoy!
Low Carb Ham and Egg Cups
- Nonstick Spray
- 4 slice lower sodium thin sliced ham
- 4 Tbsp grated cheese use your fave
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp green pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 4 cups in muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Arrange a slice of ham into each cup.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. cheese into ham cup.
- Beat eggs, cream and a sprinkle of salt and pepper together.
- Divide egg mixture between the four cups.
- Drop a few veggies on top (if using) and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake in oven 12-15 minutes or until egg is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions (if desired).
- Remove ham cups from muffin tin and serve warm.