LOW CARB HAM & EGG CUPS
Low carb ham and egg cups are the ultimate easy on-the-go breakfast. Let everyone choose their favorite add-ins so breakfast is a snap! Prep these the night before, then slide in the oven while you are getting ready for your day. A fast, delicious, low carb breakfast is definitely a thing.
You can make as many cups as you need and you can tweak the ingredients to your taste. I made 4 of these cups using colby/mozzarella cheese and I topped a few with cherry tomatoes and asparagus. They were delicious! On my next batch, I plan to add a spoonful of rotel tomatoes. Some other possibilities: sriracha sauce, pesto, bacon bits, chives, etc. Be sure to check these after about 15-20 minutes of cooking if you prefer a soft yolk. If you are carb counting and/or following a diet for diabetes, each cup contains about 1gm carb. Enjoy!
Low Carb Ham and Egg Cups
- For each cup:
- Nonstick Spray
- 1 slice lower sodium thin sliced ham
- 1 Tablespoon cheese use your fave
- 1 egg
- 2 cherry tomatoes or 1 stalk asparagus optional
- salt and pepper
- chopped green onions optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray (spray only the number of cups you plan to make)
- Arrange a slice of ham into each cup.
- Sprinkle cheese into ham cup.
- Break egg into a small bowl then slide egg into ham cup on top of cheese.
- Drop a few veggies on top (if using) and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake in oven 20-30 minutes or until egg is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions (if desired).
- Remove ham cups from muffin tin and serve warm.