This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Delicious and healthy granola! This granola is loaded with lots of nuts and seeds and would make a great Christmas gift. You can use whatever nuts and seeds you may have on hand, a great way to clean out the pantry!
Looking for more coconut recipes?
5 Grain Granola with Flax and Coconut
- 2 cups 5 grain cereal
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- ¼ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and stir until well all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread mixture evenly over a large baking sheet.
- Cook 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
- Note: may add other ingredients such as raisins, chocolate chips, dried fruit as desired.