Even though you may be watching your carbs, sometimes you want some comfort food! This recipe for low carb beef stroganoff will definitely fill the bill with ground beef, mushrooms and a creamy sauce. I served mine over ultra thin toasted bread slices (7gm carb each). Other options include: low carb pasta, zoodles or you may choose to serve as is. Let’s get started!
How to Make Low Carb Beef Stroganoff:
- Start by getting the mushrooms browned which will add loads of flavor to this dish.
- Place your ground beef (and onions) in a skillet that is large enough to allow it to be spread out. This will help the ground beef to brown quicker instead of steaming.
- Here is the ground beef with vegetables added and ready for the sour cream. Be sure to avoid boiling or simmering after adding the sour cream to prevent curdling of the sauce. Simply warm and serve!
Family Friendly Idea: Serve over toast or noodles for a delicious and filling meal!
Low Carb Beef Stroganoff Bowl
A low carb version of beef stroganoff -a classic comfort food. Use ground beef to make a quick family friendly meal.
- 1 tsp butter
- 6 small mushrooms , sliced
- 1 # ground beef-grassfed if available
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream add extra as desired
- salt and pepper , as desired
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat then add mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender and browned.
Remove mushrooms from pan then add ground beef and onions to skillet along with broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until beef is browned and fully cooked.
Add lemon juice, paprika and cooked mushrooms to ground beef in skillet and stir to combine. Heat to a simmer then remove pan from heat.
Stir in sour cream then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed and serve.
May be served in bowls or over toasted ultra-thin bread slices.