Tex Mex Roasted Chickpeas– Have you tried roasting chickpeas? Roasted chickpeas make a delicious snack even kids will enjoy. Once you add your seasonings and roast them, they become a crunchy snack that can become habit-forming… Baked chickpeas make a fun party snack that your guests will find addictive.
Feel free to experiment with other seasonings that you like. Enjoy!
How to make roasted chickpeas:
Begin by rinsing your chickpeas then dry them well. Combine oil and spices.
Pour seasoned oil over dried chickpeas and stir to fully coast the chickpeas.
Spread chickpeas out on parchment lined pan and roast until crispy.
Tex Mex Roasted Chickpeas
- 15 oz Canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and allow to dry on paper towels. Pat chickpeas with paper towel to help remove moisture. This will loosen the clear "skins" on chickpeas-you may discard these if desired.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine and form a paste.
- Add dried chickpeas to bowl and mix well to coat chickpeas with seasoning.
- Pour chickpeas out onto a foil-lined baking sheet to form one layer.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, then remove and stir chickpeas.
- Return to oven to roast 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Watch closely to prevent burning.