Here’s a super fast baked egg roll recipe that will make everyone in the family happy. I used frozen stir fry veggies and fresh broccoli slaw but you can use any veggies you and your family like. Feel free to use any lean ground meat you happen to have. Cooked chopped ham and chicken leftovers could also be used in this recipe with good results.
How To Make Crispy Baked Egg Rolls
Begin by cooking your egg roll filling. Here’s where you can use up any leftover meat you may have.
Place the filling on the egg roll wrapper. Moisten the edges to seal then spray lightly with pan coating. This will enhance browning in the oven.
Crispy Baked Egg Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 8 ounces frozen stir-fry veggies
- 6 ounces broccoli slaw ( or coleslaw mix)
- 1-2 Tablespoons soy sauce or stir fry sauce
- 4 ounces lean ground pork or turkey
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add frozen veggies and cook 5 minutes, add broccoli slaw, sauce and ground pork.
- Break up ground meat into small pieces and cook until browned and veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add salt/pepper as desired.
- Place about 1/3 cup filling on egg roll wrapper and moisted edges to seal.
- Continue filling egg rolls and place on baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush egg rolls with remaining 1 Tablepoon olive oil and bake 10-12 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with sweet & sour sauce.
- Make about 8 egg rolls.