This post may contain affiliate links, see my Affiliates Disclosure.
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo is a quick and easy chicken recipe the whole family will love. I used a low carb alfredo sauce along with some leftover grilled chicken tenders. You could easily use a store-bought rotisserie chicken instead. This recipe is diabetes-friendly and can be adapted to make it one the whole family will enjoy. In the instructions below, I will show you how to serve this low carb chicken recipe on either a low carb bed of spiralized veggies or a mix of veggies and pasta. Let’s get to the recipe!
How to make low carb chicken Alfredo:
1. Start by sautéing green onions, garlic and mushrooms. Choose your favorite type of mushroom-here I have used portabellas.
2. We will be adding cherry tomatoes to the recipe for a bit of color and flavor! Use diced fresh tomatoes if you prefer.
3. A shot of the sautéed veggies with the chopped tomatoes added.
4. Fresh spinach will be chopped then added with the other veggies. The spinach will be cooked briefly-just enough to slightly wilt.
5. Here’s a pic of the chopped fresh spinach and chopped chicken added to the veggies.
6. Spiralized squash will be sautéed just a few minutes. This will make a low carb pasta substitute to serve with the low carb chicken alfredo. The gadget in the picture is a handheld veggie spiralizer.
7. The final step- add store bought low carb alfredo sauce. Simmer and serve over squash noodles or pasta!
Looking for more low carb chicken recipes?
Try these easyhealth living blog favorites!
Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 green onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 5 grilled chicken tenders, chopped
- 1/3 cup alfredo sauce
- 2 each summer squash, spiralized
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add green onion, garlic and mushrooms. Saute 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and sautéed until spinach wilts slightly.
- Add chicken and stir.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over all and stir.
- Serve over spiralized squash or pasta. (Note: pasta will add extra carbs.)