Chicken cordon bleu casserole is one of those recipes that everyone loves-especially when it has a delicious creamy sauce! Chicken tenders lightly sautéed then covered in layers of ham, cheese and hollandaise sauce make this a family favorite. I find this is my go-to recipe whenever I want quick low carb comfort food. Kids love the tasty ham and cheese topping on these tenders- they can help in the kitchen by adding the layered ingredients.
What is Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken cordon bleu recipes generally consist of a chicken breast layered with ham and Swiss cheese then rolled up. The chicken breast is then rolled in breadcrumbs and baked. This is a fairly time consuming process, but is a delicious entree for special events. For an in-depth and classic recipe check out The New York Times website recipe “Original Chicken Cordon Bleu”.
How do you make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole?
Traditional chicken cordon bleu can be rather time consuming but this chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe makes things much easier!
- The ingredients are layered- a huge time saver
- Use a hollandaise sauce mix which can be prepared in minutes- this adds incredible flavor
- The recipe can be prepared in advance up to the point of baking. Perfect for busy weeknights or for a low-stress meal anytime
Bonus- this recipe is also low carb!
Lets get started with step by step instructions about how to make chicken cordon bleu casserole! Gather your ingredients…
Prepare hollandaise sauce according to the package directions. My hollandaise sauce required butter and water. If you made your sauce ahead of time, no need to warm it up-it will heat in the oven.
Sprinkle the tenders with rotisserie seasoning
Brown the tenders in an oven-proof skillet
Bake until chicken is fully cooked and cheese is melted
Hope you and your fellow diners enjoy this low carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole! Be sure to check out my other popular low carb recipes including:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 1 pkg hollandaise sauce, prepared
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tsp rotisserie seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz ham, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle tenders with rotisserie seasoning.
- Brown tenders (1-2 minutes on each side)in batches to avoid crowding.
- Place tenders in a single layer in skillet. Top with prepared hollandaise sauce, diced ham, cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until chicken tenders are fully cooked and cheese is melted and bubbly.