This low carb pecan baked catfish is one of those recipes that tastes decadent, yet it’s packed with lots of nutrients. You could experiment with using other nuts such as almonds or macadamia nuts in place of the pecans for variety. The pinch of rosemary gives this recipe a delicious, “gourmet” flavor. I added a side of slaw to round out the meal and keep it low carb. Leave a comment to let me know your favorite way to bake fish! Happy Cooking!
Low Carb Pecan Baked Catfish
- 1 # catfish fillets (about 3 medium)
- salt , pepper, garlic powder, rosemary
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 cup pecans , chopped
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle catfish fillets with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a pinch of rosemary.
- Dip fillets in egg to coat.
- Place chopped pecans on a plate and press fillet firmly into pecans. Turn fillet to coat opposite side.
- Place fillet on baking sheet and sprinkle with paprika for added color.
- Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges.