Be sure to use the correct measurement of potatoes in this recipe to keep carbs at the proper level. I used a small yellow potato and left the skin on it for more fiber. This variety of potato also becomes creamy as it cooks. Enjoy!
The 15gm Carb Stuffed Potato
- For each serving:
- 1/2 cup baked potato , skin on
- 1/2-1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoons low sugar BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup diced onions (may use frozen)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken breast to skillet and brush with BBQ sauce, add onions and cook until thermometer inserted in chicken breast reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and slice into thin strips.
- To assemble:
- Place potato on baking sheet and slice in half, then slice crosswise several times to form small chunks.
- Top potato with broccoli, then chicken strips, then onions and top with grated cheese.
- Place potato under broiler to melt cheese.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.