Even though you may be watching your carbs, sometimes you want some comfort food! This recipe for beef stroganoff will definitely fill the bill with beef, mushrooms and a creamy sauce. I served mine over ultra thin toasted bread slices (7gm carb each). Other options include: low carb pasta, zoodles or you may choose to serve as is. Let’s get started!
Above photo: Place your ground beef in a skillet that is large enough to allow it to be spread out. This will help the ground beef to brown quicker instead of steaming.
Above photo: Here is the ground beef with vegetables added and ready for the sour cream. Be sure to avoid boiling or simmering after adding the sour cream to prevent curdling of the sauce. Simply warm and serve!
- 1# ground beef-grassfed if available
- ¼ cup lower sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp butter
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 6 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Cook ground beef in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and continue cooking beef until browned and fully cooked. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet then add onions and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Add ground beef back to skillet along with lemon juice, paprika and sour cream. Heat mixture (do not allow to boil or simmer).
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed and serve.
- May be served in bowls or over toasted ultra-thin bread slices.