Spinach Artichoke Dip
This “one pan” dip recipe uses Greek yogurt and neufchatel cheese to make a healthy and easy snack. I was blown away with how rich tasting this recipe was even though it uses some lower calorie ingredients! Serve this dip with baked tortilla chips, pita bread or sliced fresh vegetables. Each serving (8 oz.) contains approx. 13gm carb (note that there are 5 gm fiber included in the total carb amount of 13gm, which would actually lower total carbs to around 8gm). This number could be further lowered by using more “full fat” products like regular cream cheese, full fat mozzarella cheese, etc. if desired. Be sure to add in carbs from chips if using those for dippers.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 9 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 7.5 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 oz. neufchatel cheese, softened
- 5.3 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a 9" ovenproof skillet. Add onions and garlic and saute approx 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, reserving ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Stir until well combined then sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.