Tex Mex Roasted Chickpeas– Have you tried roasting chickpeas? Roasted chickpeas make a delicious snack even kids will enjoy. Once you add your seasonings and roast them, they become a crunchy snack that can become habit-forming…
Feel free to experiment with other seasonings that you like. Enjoy!
- 1 (15oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and allow to dry on paper towels. Pat chickpeas with paper towel to help remove moisture. This will loosen the clear "skins" on chickpeas-you may discard these if desired.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine and form a paste.
- Add dried chickpeas to bowl and mix well to coat chickpeas with seasoning.
- Pour chickpeas out onto a foil-lined baking sheet to form one layer.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, then remove and stir chickpeas.
- Return to oven to roast 15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Watch closely to prevent burning.