You liked my 19 Low Carb Meals You Can (Almost) Make Without A Recipe post so much, I’m back with more!! Here’s Part 2- a few more low carb meal ideas that can be made on the fly- many with items you may already have in your pantry. I’ll be busy working on Part 3!!
- Pork Tenders- Slice a pork tenderloin thinly, season with salt and pepper then brown in nonstick skillet (add a little oil if needed.) Serve with parmesan and oregano topped broiled tomatoes and broccoli salad (from deli or make your own – chop fresh broccoli and add mayo to moisten then sprinkle in diced cheese and bacon bits and season with salt and pepper to taste.)
- Stir fry- Brown sliced pork tenderloin or chicken tenders in nonstick skillet until fully cooked (add a little oil if needed). Remove meat from skillet and add a bag of fresh stir fry veggies and a little oil to skillet and stir fry until crisp tender. Add in cooked meat then drizzle low carb stir fry sauce over all and stir to combine. Steam a bag of cauliflower “rice” per label directions and top with stir fry or serve stir fry in lettuce cups.
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomato- pick up some tuna salad and a few tomatoes and you’re done.
- Meat Lover’s Omelet- Add a few beaten eggs to nonstick pan. Allow to cook without stirring then sprinkle leftover cooked and diced meat on one side (steak, sausage, bacon, etc) and cheese (if desired) Allow eggs to continue to cook then fold omelet half over and cook until cheese melts and eggs are fully cooked.
- Pizza Chicken- Season a chicken breast then cook in an oven proof skillet (add a little oil to skillet) on stovetop until fully cooked. Top chicken with low carb marinara, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Broil in oven until cheese melts.
- Tacos- make your favorite taco meat filling and serve in lettuce leaves.
- Steamed Shrimp- have your local grocery or seafood market steam your shrimp. Add a salad and favorite low carb dressing.
- Bacon & Chicken Bombs- soften some cream cheese and spread on a flattened chicken breast (about 1-2 Tablespoons per chicken breast). Sprinkle with seasoning salt or favorite herb seasoning. Roll up the chicken breast and secure with a slice of partially cooked bacon. Cook bombs at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until done. Broil chicken a few minutes to crisp bacon if needed. Roast a pan of asparagus (seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil) in oven for 10-15 minutes while chicken finishes cooking.
- Cheeseburger Salad- Brown some ground beef with onions and garlic until done, chopping up meat into smaller pieces. Top bowls of tossed salad with burger mixture then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve with favorite dressing.
- BBQ Pork Chops- Pour your favorite lower carb BBQ sauce over a pan of pork chops. Cover pan and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until done. Serve with coleslaw and a side of cherry tomatoes topped with dressing.
- Chicken & Veggie Soup- Cook a chicken in a pot of chicken broth until done (about 45 minutes). Debone chicken. Chop meat and add back to broth along with diced low carb veggies (green beans, celery, mushrooms,etc.) Stir and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Meat & Cheese Platter- The ultimate low stress meal. Grab a platter and stack various meats (ham, salami, smoked sausage,etc), cheeses, pickles, olives, nuts, pickled peppers and specialty mustard. Pair with low carb crackers if desired.
- Chili- Brown ground beef and add low carb chili mix. Serve with tossed salad.
- Salad Plate- Serve scoops of pimento & cheese, chicken salad and ham salad with veggie sticks or in lettuce cups.
- Salsa Chicken- Bake chicken breasts with low carb salsa and top with grated cheese.
- Chicken Caesar Salad- Chop a rotisserie chicken and add to bowls of lettuce, tomato and parmesan cheese. Add lower carb caesar dressing and stir to combine.
- Salad Nicoise- Line a large platter with bibb lettuce (or whatever lettuce you have on hand). Add mounds of tuna (fresh seared or canned), crisp-steamed green beans, quartered radishes, halved cherry tomatoes, quartered boiled eggs and your favorite olives. Top with your favorite vinaigrette.
- Veggie Beef Burgers- Grill beef patties alongside a tray of lightly oiled and coarsely chopped peppers, onions, mushrooms and whole cherry tomatoes. Top cooked patties with cheese then mound veggies on top. Or skip the grilled veggies and top with fresh chopped onions, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Mix mayo, mustard and low carb ketchup and drizzle over top or serve on the side for dipping.
- Egg Crepes- Pour a thin layer of beaten egg into a small heated and oiled nonstick skillet. Swirl to coat pan and cook til set, loosen egg crepe and flip to finish cooking. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Fill with sautéed mushrooms, diced meat, cheese, etc as desired. Top with fresh salsa if desired.
- Turkey Lettuce Wrap- Top lettuce leaves with sliced smoked turkey, mustard or mayo (if desired), sliced cheese, sliced avocado and fresh salsa. Roll up lettuce leaf and secure sandwich with toothpick or small skewers.
- Chicken Parm & Zoodles- Season chicken breasts with italian seasoning and place in baking dish. Cover chicken with low carb spaghetti sauce and bake in 375° oven 25-30 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until melted. Serve over a bed of zucchini noodles.
- Steak Wraps- Marinate a flank steak in low carb balsamic dressing at least 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator. Drain steak and grill until desired doneness. Let stand a few minutes, then cut diagonally into thin slices. Serve with low carb wraps, lettuce, tomato, cheese, low carb dressings, etc.
- Cobb Salad- Line a large platter with chopped lettuce. Then add rows (chopped or diced) of tomatoes, bacon, grilled chicken, hard-boiled egg, avocado, cheese, bacon and chives. Serve with low carb dressing and parmesan crisps- bake small rounds of grated parmesan cheese at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until crispy.
- Teriyaki Game Hens- Marinate Cornish game hen halves or quarters in low carb teriyaki sauce at least 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator. Drain hens and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes or until done. (May also grill or cook in crock pot.) Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice. (Cauliflower rice can be found in produce section of your grocery store usually near the bagged produce area.)
- Foil Dinner- Place a salmon filet on a piece of foil. Sprinkle lemon pepper and a dash of soy sauce on fish then top with 6-8 asparagus spears or fresh or frozen whole green beans. Drizzle with olive oil. Seal foil packet to completely enclose. Place on baking sheet in 400° oven and cook until salmon flakes easily- about 15-20 minutes.
- Onion Bombs- Season ground beef with parsley,garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Peel onions then slice in half top to bottom. Separate onion pieces. Use 2 of the larger outside onion layers to enclose a scoop of ground beef. Wrap the bomb in a few slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place bombs in baking dish and cook at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165° or place bombs on grill and cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked. Top with low carb BBQ sauce as desired. Serve with roasted low carb veggies or tossed salad.
Available on Amazon.com in paperback and ebook versions
Book highlights include:
- 28 days of menus (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for 30gm carb/meal, 45gm carb/meal and 60gm carb/meal diet plans.
- Over 80 easy-to-fix, dietitian-tested recipes designed to help those with limited cooking skills feel confident in the kitchen.
- Tasty recipes use easy-to-find ingredients and most use less than 6 items!
Get your healthcare provider’s input on which carb level is right for you then let Menu Me! make meal planning easy!