Quick and easy meals are great any time of the year! Here’s a tasty chicken breast recipe you can make on the weekend, then use all week long in wraps, salads, sandwiches and other easy meals. Spend more time at the pool or the ball game and less time cooking!
Be sure to check your herbs to make sure they are fresh and still in date. This will ensure you receive maximum flavor and health benefits!
Updated 3/27/15- This recipe is featured in my new ebook! The 28 Day Diabetes Diet Meal Planner: Lower Carb Menus & Easy Recipes is the perfect way to stay on track with your diet- whether you have Type 2 diabetes or just want to watch your carb intake. In this newest ebook, I wanted to make meal planning and cooking super easy so that even people who have no previous cooking experience could make healthy and delicious recipes. This particular recipe is really a “base” recipe that you can build lots of meal on. For example, in the photo above, I am using the Greek chicken in a salad. I’ve also included other ways you can use this recipe such as pita wraps, chicken salad, etc. You can cook up a batch of this chicken and have a good variety of meals to enjoy for several days. If your life is busy and hectic at mealtime, this will make meal prep and cooking a breeze!
P.S. Check out my Greek Yogurt Tzatziki Dip recipe!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (approx. 4 oz. each), sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons olives (optional)
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken breasts then combine with remaining ingredients in a large freezer bag.
- Allow to marinate up to 24 hours.
- Place chicken in a saute pan or grill lightly coated with non-stick spray and heated over medium.
- Cook chicken until all sides are golden brown and internal temperature reads 165 degrees (approx. 7-10 minutes).
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.